Error: BitTitan is denied access to the container [ContainerName]
This error indicates that MigrationWiz cannot connect to the Amazon container for some reason. Some possible explanations for receiving this error:
- The Container name is spelled incorrectly in MigrationWiz. Remember that the container name is case-sensitive, so if the container is named "MWContainer" and you enter "mwcontainer" in your project's Advanced Options, you will get this error. Note that the Root Archive Folder is not case-sensitive, but must otherwise be spelled correctly.
- The email address of the account is spelled incorrectly in MigrationWiz, or in your bucket's permission settings, in Amazon.
- The email address given in MigrationWiz does not have the proper permissions to access the Container in Amazon.
To fix either of the latter two issues, perform the following steps in a web browser:
- Log in to your Amazon S3 Storage account.
- On the All Buckets page, click on the magnifying glass next to the bucket you are trying to migrate.
- Click on Permissions and make sure that the user you specify in MigrationWiz is listed as a Grantee.
- Make sure that the username next to Grantee is spelled both correctly and the same way it is spelled in MigrationWiz.
- Make sure that the boxes for both the List and the Upload/Delete boxes are checkmarked. These are the permissions needed to use a Grantee to migrate.