Using Event Viewer to troubleshoot command-line Agent installations
When running the Windows Agent installer (.msi) file using the command line in silent mode, it may be difficult to validate a successful installation, as well as to troubleshoot errors that may occur. Your best source for information about errors and warnings that do not produce error messages or dialog boxes is to use the Windows Event Viewer.
Open the Windows Event Viewer in either of two ways:
- Open the Run window by typing Windows + r, then enter eventvwr.msc, then click OK.
- Click Start > All apps > Windows Administrative Tools > Event Viewer.
To view warnings and errors generated by the Agent installation:
- In the left navigation pane, expand Windows Logs, then select Application.
- Right-click on Application and select Filter Current Log ....
- In the filter dialog box, click on the Event sources drop-down.
- Locate and select Cloudamize entries in the filter pop-up, then click OK.
Note: Using the filtering tool to surface Cloudamize errors and warnings is not required. However, not doing so requires you to scroll through literally thousands of irrelevant warnings and errors.
Once you have surfaced all of the Cloudamize errors and warnings, you can investigate each one individually by clicking on the entry.
For more information about using the Windows Event Viewer, see Using Event Viewer to Troubleshoot Problems.