Connection Error Between vCenter and Proxy
Following installation of the Agent Proxy, the status of the connection between the vCenter and the Proxy may show that the two are in fact disconnected. This is often accompanied by an error message: "Invalid Login: The credentials provided were not accepted by your vCenter endpoint. Please check that the read only account credentials provided to Cloudamize match your local setup."
- Open a web browser and navigate to the IP address provided during the installation, for example, https://<vCenter_IP_address>. This takes you to the VMware Getting Started page.
- Click the link Browse datastores in the vSphere inventory.
- When prompted, enter the same credentials that you entered on your initial registration form.
- You should not be able to log on to the vCenter Datastore using the credentials provided.
- If you are not able to log on to the vCenter Datastore using these credentials, do the following:
- Double-check that the credentials provided are correct.
- Update your vCenter logon information on the Cloudamize portal, by clicking the Edit link on the dashboard.
- If you are using an Active Directory domain account to access your vCenter, enter your username in the format shown:
- If you are using a local account to access your vCenter, enter your username in the format shown:
- If still unable to connect, open a BitTitan support ticket.
See How do I get support
for your products?