- This is the complete onboarding task flow for migrating folders and documents from Box to Google Drive.
- Complete each step in the order listed. Links to corresponding Knowledge Base articles are provided.
- MigrationWiz now supports the capability to share migration projects across a Workgroup. Migration projects are no longer tied to individual accounts, they are tied to Workgroups. When Workgroup Administrators turn on the Project Sharing feature, all Agents besides those who are Inactive are able to view all migrations projects. For more information, visit Project Sharing in MigrationWiz.
Prepare the Source Environment
- Create a Box user account that will be used for the migration, and grant main admin privileges to that user. KB005080
- Export the list of Box user accounts to a CSV file. This can be used when adding users to Google Drive and when adding users into your MigrationWiz project dashboard. Steps: From the admin console, click the Users and Groups icon. Under the Managed Users tab, click Export Users. KB005553
Prepare the Destination Environment
- Grant MigrationWiz OAuth2.0 access to authenticate to Google Drive. For guidance, see Enable access to G Suite using OAuth 2.0.
- Add users to Google Drive. Instructions are located here.
- Create the customer. KB005421
- Create the Box and Google Drive endpoints by entering the administrator user credentials. KB005427
- Launch Document Migration (MigrationWiz) by selecting All Products from the left navigation menu, and then Document Migration from the list of products.
- Set up the Document Migration project. KB005070
- Add accounts to the dashboard. KB004842
- Set the Project Advanced Options. KB004834
- Under Support/Support Options add:
InitializationTimeout=8. This will increase the timeout initialization timeout window to 8 hours. KB005099
Note: There are no spaces on either side of the "=" sign, and the entries are case-sensitive, so pay special attention to the capital letters in the commands above.
SyncItems=1– This option allows changes in the documents on the source to be synced to the documents already migrated to the destination.
Important: The Sync Migration Pass should only be used in exceptional situations and only on the final Full migration pass. Running it more than once can result in multiple document versions being created in the destination if versioning is enabled. We recommend that versioning be turned off before migrating, as a best practice. See What do I need to know about the Sync Migration Pass? for more information.
- Set the Preferred BitTitan Data Center. KB004268
- Decommission the Box user accounts, or change their passwords, to prevent users from inadvertently logging in and using their Box accounts.