This is the complete onboarding task flow for migrating folders and documents from Box to Google Drive.
Complete each step in the order listed. Links to corresponding Knowledge Base articles are provided.
MigrationWiz is a migration solution (not a synchronization solution) and will NOT propagate updates, deletes, or moves of the items previously migrated in the first migration pass because we do not have “live” monitoring of changes (as with a sync agent) and we cannot handle scenarios such as conflict resolution without user interaction.
MigrationWiz supports the capability to share migration projects across a Workgroup. When the Project Sharing feature is turned on, all Agents besides those who are Inactive can view all migrations projects. For more information, visit Project Sharing in MigrationWiz.
Prepare the Source Environment
- Create a Box user account that will be used for the migration, and grant main admin privileges to that user. KB005080
- Export the list of Box user accounts to a CSV file. This can be used when adding users to Google Drive and when adding users into your MigrationWiz project dashboard. Steps: From the admin console, click the Users and Groups icon. Under the Managed Users tab, click Export Users. KB005553
Prepare the Destination Environment
- Grant MigrationWiz OAuth2.0 access to authenticate to Google Drive. For guidance, see Enable access to G Suite using OAuth 2.0.
- Add users to Google Drive. Instructions are located here.
- Create the customer. KB005421
- Create the Box and Google Drive endpoints by entering the administrator user credentials. KB005427
- Purchase User Migration Bundle licenses. User Migration Bundle licenses allow multiple types of migrations to be performed with a single license. They also allow DeploymentPro to be used to configure Outlook email profiles. Refer to these articles for more information:
- Set up the Document Migration project. Read the How do I create a new migration project? article for more information.
- Add accounts to the dashboard. KB004842
- Set the Project Advanced Options. KB004834
- Under Support/Support Options add:
InitializationTimeout=8. This will increase the timeout initialization timeout window to 8 hours. KB005099
Note: There are no spaces on either side of the "=" sign, and the entries are case-sensitive, so pay special attention to the capital letters in the commands above.
- If the migration project is a long-term project, it may be necessary to add an additional Advanced Option for use during the final migration pass to verify the contents of previously migrated items. For more information, contact Support.
- Set the Preferred BitTitan Data Center. KB004268
- Decommission the Box user accounts, or change their passwords, to prevent users from inadvertently logging in and using their Box accounts.