How do I rerun IBM Lotus Notes Client setup?
If the Lotus Notes Client installed on the extractor machine was configured with an account prior to being configured for use by the Lotus Extractor, or if the migration account is experiencing problems with the Lotus Notes Client, rerunning setup of the client is strongly recommended. Rerunning setup using the migration account will confirm that the connection to the Domino Directory server is configured and functioning properly.
To rerun setup of the Notes client:
- Navigate to the Notes Client installation folder on the extractor machine, usually %ProgramFiles(x86)%\IBM\Notes , %ProgramFiles(x86)%\IBM\Lotus\Notes , or %UserProfile%\appdata\local\IBM\Notes\Data, but this may vary.
- Create a backup folder named config.tmp
- Make a copy of the following files in config.tmp:
- Delete the following files:
- Edit the notes.ini file to include only the following three lines. Note: The Directory= line may vary
Directory=c:\Program Files (x86)\IBM\Notes\Data
Launch the Notes Client to run the setup program again.
Confirm that the Notes Client is properly configured and successfully connecting to the Domino Directory by opening the mailbox of the migration account using the Notes client.