Notice: This Knowledge Base article pertains specifically to the DeploymentPro for UserActivation product, and not to the DeploymentPro product that is part of MSPComplete.
How do I test DeploymentPro for UserActivation with a couple of users, for a Proof of Concept?
The best practice for running a test DeploymentPro for UserActivation project is to create a separate project in MigrationWiz dedicated to your DeploymentPro for UserActivation test project.
Users from a MigrationWiz project can only be imported once, and additional users cannot be added after the DeploymentPro for UserActivation project has been completed. Therefore, it is best to dedicate a project to testing.
Follow these steps:
- Create a new MigrationWiz mailbox project, with Office 365 as the Destination. Make sure you provide valid Admin credentials for a Global Admin account in your Office 365 tenant.
- Add test users.
- Either use Quick Add to add users one at a time, or use Bulk Add to add multiple users at one time.
- For each user, enter the SMTP email address of each test user in the Source email address field. In the Destination email address field, enter the email address of the Office 365 mailbox that you want to configure Outlook for.
- Launch and configure DeploymentPro. Once users have been added to the MigrationWiz project, from the MigrationWiz Project Dashboard, click on the More icon. Then, from the resulting drop-down list, select DeploymentPro.
- You do not have to migrate the mailboxes in MigrationWiz in order for DeploymentPro for UserActivation to work, or to start a DeploymentPro for UserActivation project.
- To migrate these mailboxes through MigrationWiz, it is necessary to purchase MigrationWiz mailbox licenses. If these mailboxes have already been migrated to Office 365 in another MigrationWiz project, this could cause duplicates at the Destination since the Destination has already been populated with mail items, from the other migration project.
- If running a full Proof of Concept, which includes migrating the mailboxes through MigrationWiz and reconfiguring the Outlook profiles through DeploymentPro for UserActivation, be sure to reset everything before beginning your actual Full Migration project. Steps to follow to reset:
- Delete all items in the Destination mailbox. KB004883 provides more information on the available options for this.
- Set the Outlook profile to use the previous Outlook profile. Refer to https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff963534.aspx for more information.
Repeat the steps above for any subsequent tests.
When you are ready to run DeploymentPro for UserActivation for all users, create a dedicated MigrationWiz project and include all of the users in the user list.
Note: It is important to understand exactly how the Configure Outlook button works, within DeploymentPro for UserActivation. KB005391 provides full details.