For all Lotus Notes Extractor troubleshooting and prerequisite information, please visit the Lotus Notes Extractor FAQ.
- Before setting up the Lotus Extractor, review the requirements for installation.
- The Lotus Extractor will require ports 80 and 443 to be open.
Follow these steps on each machine that will run a Lotus Extractor:
- Install the Lotus Notes client on the machine (or virtual machine).
- Open the Lotus Notes client and log in with the same administrative account that was set up for migration.
- Retrieve the ID file for the administrative account being used for migration and copy it to the machine (or virtual machine).
- Ensure that the Internet proxy settings are correct on the machine (or virtual machine). These can be checked by opening Internet Explorer and navigating to Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections and disabling the Automatically Detect Settings option. If you are unable to connect to the internet with this option disabled, contact the network administrator to allow the Lotus Extractor.
- Close the Lotus Notes client. This will release the lock taken by the Lotus Notes client on the notes.ini file.
- Install the Lotus Extractor. It is available for download here.
- Once installed, start the Lotus Extractor.
- Each Lotus Extractor displays a unique identifier called Lotus Extractor Identifier (see the example on the screen shot below, line 2). Copy this identifier, because it will be needed later, during the migration configuration.
- Enter your BitTitan account username and password.
- Enter the password of the Lotus Notes administrative account that was created for migration.
- Each Lotus Extractor can simultaneously migrate up to 15 mailboxes. Therefore, once you have set up your MigrationWiz mailbox migration projects, you should go into Advanced Options and set the number of concurrent migrations to 15. KB004627
- Deploy each Lotus Extractor within the same Local Area Network where its target Lotus Domino server is located.
- Do not deploy a Lotus Extractor on a machine on which the Lotus Domino server is deployed.
- In the case of clustered Domino servers set up with replication enabled, a single Domino server has to be selected as a source of data for all migration activities using MigrationWiz.
- Do not deploy more than one Lotus Extractor on the same machine.
- Do not stop a running Lotus Extractor. Leave the console window open; the migration will start automatically after the last step of the configuration.
- After authenticating, the Lotus Extractor will generate a CSV file named "LotusExtractor.csv". This can be used to bulk add users within your MigrationWiz project. KB004290