How do I set up the Lotus Notes Extractor?
Lotus Notes is the only messaging system supported by MigrationWiz that requires installation of local client software to perform a migration. The Lotus Extractor is a small console application (available here) responsible for extracting data from the Domino server, and securely streaming this data to your MigrationWiz web portal.
Note: The Lotus Extractor requires that you have the .NET Framework version 4.6.1 or later installed on the computer on which you install and run the Extractor. To determine the .NET Framework version currently installed, follow instructions provided by Microsoft: How to: Determine Which .NET Framework Versions Are Installed.
- Before setting up the Lotus Extractor, first review the requirements for installation in KB004286.
- Also, review the best practices for setting up the Extractor environment: KB005634.
Follow these steps on each machine that will run a Lotus Extractor:
- Install the Lotus Notes client on the machine (or virtual machine).
- Open the Lotus Notes client and log in with the same administrative account that was set up for migration.
- Retrieve the ID file for the administrative account being used for migration and copy it to the machine (or virtual machine).
- Ensure that the Internet proxy settings are correct on the machine (or virtual machine). These can be checked by opening Internet Explorer and navigating to Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections and disabling the Automatically Detect Settings option. If you are unable to connect to the internet with this option disabled, contact the network administrator to allow the Lotus Extractor.
- Close the Lotus Notes client. This will release the lock taken by the Lotus Notes client on the notes.ini file.
- Install the Lotus Extractor. It is available for download here.
- Once installed, start the Lotus Extractor.
- Each Lotus Extractor displays a unique identifier called Lotus Extractor Identifier (see the example on the screen shot below, line 2). Copy this identifier, because it will be needed later, during the migration configuration.
- Enter your BitTitan account username and password.
- Enter the password of the Lotus Notes administrative account that was created for migration.
- Each Lotus Extractor can simultaneously migrate up to 25 mailboxes. Therefore, once you have set up your MigrationWiz mailbox migration projects, you should go into Advanced Options and set the number of concurrent migrations to 25. KB004627
- Deploy each Lotus Extractor within the same Local Area Network where its target Lotus Domino server is located.
- Do not deploy a Lotus Extractor on a machine on which the Lotus Domino server is deployed.
- In the case of clustered Domino servers set up with replication enabled, a single Domino server has to be selected as a source of data for all migration activities using MigrationWiz. In this case, in order to point the Lotus Extractor to a single Domino server, create a file called Option.MailServer.txt containing the name of the target server where the mailboxes reside. This .txt file must be in the same directory as the Lotus Extractor.
- Do not deploy more than one Lotus Extractor on the same machine.
- Do not stop a running Lotus Extractor. Leave the console window open; the migration will start automatically after the last step of the configuration.
- After authenticating, the Lotus Extractor will generate a CSV file named "LotusExtractor.csv". This can be used to bulk add users within your MigrationWiz project. KB004290