|Notice: This Knowledge Base article pertains specifically to the DeploymentPro (legacy) product, and not to the DeploymentPro product that is part of MSPComplete or DeploymentPro for UserActivation.|
What is the end user experience when DeploymentPro (legacy) reconfigures their Outlook profile?
When it is time for their Outlook profiles to be reconfigured, here are the steps for users to follow:
- The end user will launch their Outlook client.
- They will see a screen similar to this:
Note: The logo shown on the top right of the screen can be modified to show your partner company logo instead of the BitTitan logo. This can be set when setting up your DeploymentPro (legacy) project.
- Click on the Next button.
- The following pop-up screen is dependent upon the password options that were set when setting up the DeploymentPro (legacy) project. It will be either of the following two pop-up screens.
1) If, when setting up your DeploymentPro (legacy) project, you selected that users already know their Office 365 passwords, then the following screen will appear:
Note: As in the example above, the email of address of the end user will be prepopulated with their email address.
- The end user needs to enter their Office 365 password i the password field, and then click on the Confirm Password button.
- Once the password has been confirmed, the end user will receive an "Operation Successful" message in the pop-up screen, as shown below.
- The end user must click on the Next button in order to proceed.
- The new profile will now be configured.
- The end user will see a screen similar to this:
- Upon completion, the end user will be prompted to restart Outlook.
- Click OK.
- In the DeploymentPro wizard pop-up screen, click on Next.
At the final screen screen, click on the Finish button.
Then, restart Outlook.
2) If, when setting up your DeploymentPro (legacy) project, you selected to have DeploymentPro (legacy) set the new passwords, the following screen will appear:
Enter the new password in both fields, and then click on the Set Password button to proceed, and follow the prompts to complete the profile creation process.
Note: The pop-up screens will be similar to the screen shots above.
- End user Outlook profiles will only be reconfigured after these two steps have occurred:
1) The DeploymentPro (legacy) Agent has been deployed to the clients.
2) MX records have been cutover.
- You can force individual users to have their Outlook profile created immediately, without waiting for the Configure Outlook button to be clicked, by following the steps in KB005278.