Prepare the Source Environment
- Grant MigrationWiz OAuth 2.0 access to G Suite. KB005019
If migrating from multiple domains, repeat these steps for each domain.
G Suite as the Source (read-only scopes):
https://mail.google.com/, https://www.google.com/m8/feeds, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/contacts.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.group.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive, https://sites.google.com/feeds/
Note: OAuth administrative credentials will not function properly with G Suite for Business Legacy free accounts. If a G Suite tenant is a G Suite for Business Legacy free account, end user credentials must be used. Refer to KB005124 for more information on migrating with end user credentials.
Ensure that IMAP access is enabled for all users. For details on how to check this, refer to the Google support article here.
Ensure the folder size limits on IMAP folders have been removed for all users. For each user, click on the gear icon > Settings >Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab> Folder Size Limits >Select the radio button for Do not limit the number of messages in an IMAP folder (default). Note: This is an end user setting, which can only be set on a per-user basis. Therefore, we recommend that you send instructions to your end users to check this setting. KB005104
Export mailboxes to CSV file(s). From the Google Admin portal > click Users > click on ⁝ (3 vertical dots) > Download Users > Download All Users > Click OK > Save.
Prepare the Destination Environment (full details can be found in the Amazon WorkMail admin guide here)
- Add an Organization to Amazon WorkMail. For more information, see Add an Organization.
- Add your domain to Amazon WorkMail. For more information, see Add a Domain.
- Create new users, or enable your existing directory users, for Amazon WorkMail. For more information, see Create New Users.
- Create an admin account for migration that has full access permissions to all mailboxes. Steps: Add the new user migration_admin in the Amazon WorkMail console, or create the user migration_admin in your Active Directory, and enable this user for Amazon WorkMail. For more information, see Migrate to Amazon WorkMail.
- Create the customer. KB005421
- Create the Source and Destination endpoints. KB005427
For the Source endpoint:
- Click on EndPoints > Add Endpoint > Enter endpoint name > For endpoint type, select G Suite/Gmail.
- It is necessary to add ALL domains that will be migrated from. This means that if there are users in one project with domain names Sourcedomain.com and Destinationdomain.com, then it is important to ensure that both of these are added under Your Domains, when creating the endpoints. When you add a domain, you need to click on the "+" button.
- Enter Administrative email address. Note: This is the account that has admin access level to the Google admin portal.
- For the Destination endpoint:
- Click on EndPoints > Add Endpoint > Enter endpoint name > For endpoint type, select AWS WorkMail.
- Click on the Provide Credentials radio button, and enter the admin account credentials for the account that was set up under the Prepare The Destination Environment of this guide.
- From the drop-down list, select the WorkMail Region.
Purchase licenses. From your MSPComplete dashboard, click on Purchase
> Mailbox Migration
> select MigrationWiz-Mailbox
, and enter the number of licenses you wish to purchase. KB004647
Watch this video to see a walk-through of the steps below.
Create the Mailbox Migration project. KB004380
Add the accounts (also referred to as "items") that will be migrated to the project. KB004842
Set the Project Advanced Options. KB004834
- Create the Mailbox Migration project > Select the customer > Select the Source endpoint > Select the Destination endpoint.
Run Verify Credentials. KB004511
Notify users that a migration is occurring. Send email to all users, telling them the time and date of the migration.
Pre-Stage pass: Select the users > Click on the Start button from the top, and select Pre-Stage Migration > Under the Migration Scheduling section, from the drop-down list, select 90 days ago > Click on Start Migration. KB004938
MX Record Cutover. Change over MX records on the DNS provider's portal. Also include the AutoDiscover (CName) setting. For more information, see Use AutoDiscover to Configure Endpoints.
Send email to end users to let them know what to expect for their Outlook profile reconfiguration. If using DeploymentPro, refer to KB005799 for some sample text and screen shots that can be included in this email.
Full (Delta) pass: Select the users > Click on the Start button from the top, select Full Migration > Click on Start Migration. KB004938
Run Retry Errors. KB004658
Look through the user list and click on any red "failed migration" errors. Review information and act accordingly.
If problems persist, contact Support. KB004529
- The following options are the most valuable for this migration scenario:
Under Filtering, add: (^All Mail$|^All Mail/) KB005626
This will filter out the All Mail label from your migration passes, which will speed them up.
You will remove this folder filter before performing your final migration pass. These steps are included lower in this section.
- Set the Maximum concurrent migrations value. Note: The default value is 100. For cloud to cloud migrations, this value can be set to a very high number, such as 500, because both the Source and Destination environments can handle a large number of concurrent migrations.
Under Support/Support options, add: StoreOverflowGooglePropertiesInNotes=1 KB005056
Under Support/Support options, add: StoreOverflowGooglePropertiesInNotesPrefix="enter your text here" KB005056
Under Support/Support options, add: SuppressReminderDays=N KB004203
Reconfigure Outlook profiles to use Amazon WorkMail. For more information, see Connect Microsoft Outlook to Your Amazon WorkMail Account. Note: Users must create new Outlook profiles, and set up their signatures again, and reattach any PST files that were attached to their previous profile.
Set up Amazon WorkMail on your Kindle, Android, iPad, iPhone, or Windows Phone. For more information, see Connect Your iOS Device and Connect Your Android Device.
Remove the All Mail filter from project Advanced Options, and run one final (Full) migration pass.
Click on the pie chart icon in the MigrationWiz dashboard to receive an email containing all the project migration statistics. KB004626
- Under Project Advanced Options > Filtering section, delete: (^All Mail$|^All Mail/) KB005626
- Select the users > Click on theStart button from the top, select Full Migration > Click onStart Migration. KB004938