How to resolve the error message "Unexpected extra arguments to Examine Context: FolderNameWithQuote".
This error message is a result of an API limitation specific to only certain IMAP servers.
If any folders in such Source IMAP servers contain quotation marks in the name, they will fail to be migrated, and the error message "Unexpected extra arguments to Examine Context: FolderNameWithQuote" will be reported in MigrationWiz.
To avoid this problem, before submitting a migration, the following Advanced Option flag (under the Support section) should be added to either the project or the specific line item: AllowQuoteInFolder=1 KB005100
- This Advanced Option only pertains to projects where IMAP is either the Source or Destination.
- This Advanced Option is only neccessary to be added for certain IMAP servers. There are obviously many IMAP systems available and some will not experience this problem. Best practice is to only add this flag if mailbox items fail with the above error message, and then to retry errors, as detailed below.
- If an error is returned, the flag should be added, and retry errors should be submitted for the line item that has the errors.
To submit one or more mailboxes in retry mode, perform the following steps:
- Sign in to your MigrationWiz account.
- Select the mailboxes in your dashboard that have migration errors.
- Click on the Start button.
- From the drop-down list, select Retry Errors.
- Click on the Retry Errors button.