How do I create an MSI package for DMA?
You can create an MSI package for DMA by following the steps below. This can then be deployed via a Group Policy Object (GPO), or via a software deployment tool, such as SCCM.
Download the DMA setup file from MSPComplete.
- In MSPComplete, click on All Customers from the navigation sidebar.
- Click on the customer name for which you wish to deploy DMA.
- On the horizontal menu bar, click Users.
- Click Add Users, and then click Add Users via Device Management Agent.
- On the Add Users via Device Management panel, click Device Management Agent setup file to download the DMA setup file to your local drive.
Choose a tool that allows you to convert an executable setup program into an MSI package. In the example below, we guide you through the steps when using the freeware software from Exemsi.com. Important: This is a third-party utility that is not owned by BitTitan.
Download and install the free version of MSI Wrapper from http://www.exemsi.com/
Step 2: Run MSI Wrapper
Step 3: Select the BitTitanDMASetup_xxxxxxxxxxx_.exe installer file.
Step 4: Get a GUID for the MSI application.
Get a GUID from https://www.guidgenerator.com/online-guid-generator.aspx
Copy and paste the GUID into the Application ID field (in MSI Wrapper application) and Click Create New'for Upgrade Code.
Step 5: Accept default information for the Properties and More Properties screens.
Step 6: Proxy Information (if needed).
If DMA needs to use a proxy, enter the command line as described in the KB article here to the Install Arguments field. Otherwise, leave the field blank.
Enter -uninstall for the Uninstall Arguments.
Step 7: Verify and Build.
Once you have built the MSI package, it can be deployed via a GPO, or via a software deployment tool, such as SCCM.