NOTE: While review of this lab scenario is useful for all BitTitan customers, the specific lab instructions will only work with a shared Workgroup and resources created for attendees of the ELEVATE '17 Conference. The BitTitan team plans to make executable labs available for all BitTitan customers in the coming months.
- You need to be a part of the Workgroup "Elevate Labs" in order to execute these labs. Contact your lab administrator, who should be in the room with you, to add you to this Workgroup.
- This is a shared Workgroup only available for Elevate Attendees.
- Use only customers and Runbooks that you have created.
- Use only your account (and BitTitan people) when you assign people to Services and Tasks.
- We will provide you with all the documentation necessary to complete the labs.
- The ideal workflow is to start with Lab 1 and move on until you have completed Lab 9.
Redwood IT has a catalog of services they deliver to their customers. The services range from migration and onboarding to security. Their standard operation procedures are scattered, stored on file servers, SharePoint Servers and personal OneDrives. The senior engineers have been trying to build some PowerShell scripts to automate some of their tasks. However, these scripts are stored on a Team Foundation Server that only a few people have access to, due to licensing constraints. When a junior engineer needs to execute a script he/she needs to ask the senior engineer for the latest version. Due to a potentially lengthy collection process, some of the scripts are stored locally, and there is a risk of not getting the latest version of the script. Also, some services are not documented: the knowledge for these services live in some people’s heads.
Labs To Run:
- How To Create a Customer
- How To Import a Runbook from Existing Documentation
- How To Create a New Version of an Existing Published Runbook
- How To Create a Runbook from Scratch
- How To Add PowerShell Scripts to Instructional Tasks
- How To Execute an Automated Runbook
- How To Use Input Forms In Tasks
- How To Run a Script that Enumerates All Endpoints of a Specific Customer.
- How To Run a Script to Retrieve the Credentials Through an Endpoint.