NOTE: While review of this lab scenario is useful for all BitTitan customers, the specific lab instructions will only work with a shared Workgroup and resources created for attendees of the ELEVATE '17 Conference. The BitTitan team plans to make executable labs available for all BitTitan customers in the coming months.
Product: MSPComplete, Get Automated
- You need to be a part of the Workgroup "Elevate Labs" in order to execute these labs. Contact your lab administrator, who should be in the room with you, to add you to this Workgroup.
- An MSPComplete account
- Go to Runbooks.
- Click New Runbook.
- Change the name of the service <your initials> Run Endpoint Credentials.
- From the drop-down menus, select Add Task.
- Click Input Collection.
- Change the Task name to Collect Endpoint.
- For the Input Collection Type, select Text String.
- In the Input Label field, type Provide Endpoint Name.
- In the Input Variable field, type inputName.
- From the drop-down menu, select Add Task.
- Click PowerShell Automation.
- Change the Task name to Enumerate Endpoints.
- Copy the following in the Script Block.
Write-Information "Trying to retrieve endpoint $inputName"
$sourceEndpoint = Get-BT_Endpoint -Ticket $mspc.CustomerTicket -Name $inputName -IsDeleted $false -ShouldUnmaskProperties $true -Environment Beta
Write-Information "Username is: $($sourceEndpoint.Configuration.AdministrativeUsername)"
Write-Information "Password is: $($sourceEndpoint.Configuration.AdministrativePassword)"
Write-Information "Exchange endpoint could not be found."
- Click Save Script.
- Remove the Task New Task by clicking on the trash can.
- Click Publish.
- Run the <your initials> Run Endpoint Credentials Runbook.
- Select the Customer you used for the endpoint creation in Step 2.
- Click Estimate and Launch.
- Click Launch Service.
- Click Start.
- In the Provide Endpoint Name text box, type Office 365.
- Click Complete.
- Click Run Automation.
- Click View Automation Logs. Hit Refresh when prompted.
- Confirm that your endpoint username and password are listed in the Automation Logs.