How do I migrate multiple files with the same name into Box?
Box doesn’t allow multiple files to share the exact same name. For example, if you are migrating from Google Drive to Box, you could run into an instance where the following error is generated:
Cannot create '<filename>' because another file exists with the same name.
Activate the Advanced Option RenameConflictingFiles to automatically rename the files that have the same name. This will rename the files to their original file names, followed by an unique identifier hash so it does not interfere with the original name and search.
Note: If you use this option, you cannot reset the migration statistics. We do not embed watermarks in the file at the Destination, so a reset of the statistics and then performing an additional migration pass will cause duplicates.
- If you do not see your project listed, click on the Projects tab.
- From the list, click on the name of your project.
- Click the Edit Project button.
- Click the Advanced Options button.
- Under Support, in the Support options text field, add RenameConflictingFiles=1 and click on the "+" to add it to your project.
- Click Save Options.
- Back in the Project list, select the users who have encountered the error.
- Click Reset Items.
- Click Start.