The following sections will guide you through setting up and launching your migration. Each header is one step, with its component steps below. Follow these steps in order, and read the notes for important information about dependencies or best practices.
Run Verify Credentials
- Open the Project containing items you wish to validate.
- Select the items you wish to validate.
- Click on the Start button in your dashboard.
- Select Verify Credentials from the drop-down list.
- Once complete, the results of the verification will be shown in the Status section.
Send out the final notification that the migration is beginning. Include when the migration will start, expected duration, any usage instructions during migration, and any expected steps or notifications for the post-migration timeline. Remind them to avoid modifying any documents at the Source, as this may cause corrupt data or and incomplete migration.
Perform the Migration
Perform the migration, using one of the following strategies:
- Full Migration strategy – Recommended for projects with fewer than 50 users:
- For small migration projects that are less than 50 users, we recommend a Full Migration strategy. This is a single, full-pass migration.
- Pre-Stage Migration Strategy – Recommended for projects with more than 50 users
- Pre-Stage pass.
- Full (Delta) pass.
Launch the Migration
- Click on the name of the Project you want to run.
- Select one or more items to migrate by checking the box next to the item name.
Note: If you want to select all the items, click the checkbox to the left of Source Email.
- Click on the Start button and select the type of migration to run.
- Full - This migration selection will migrate all identified and supported items.
- Pre-Stage - This migration selection will migrate all identified and supported items before the selected date.
- Trial - This migration selection is used to test the migration server. It will migrate up to 10 items per folder or up to 5 MB of data per mailbox. A full migration will pick up where the trial left off.
- Verify Credentials - This migration selection will test to make sure that the credentials being used for migration are correct and will allow a successful connection. No data is migrated.
- Retry Errors - Free migration pass. Once a Full or Pre-Stage migration has completed successfully, Retry Errors can be run to retry only failed items.
- If you want to delay your migration, then select the checkbox marked "Automatically start the migration at", and enter the date and time to have the migration start.
Note: To start a migration immediately, you do not need to select the scheduling option.
- Click Start Migration.