Create a Collaboration Migration project.
- Sign in to your MigrationWiz account.
- Click the Go To My Projects
- Click the Create Project
- Select the Collaboration Migration type. Collaboration projects are used to migrate a Microsoft Teams instance from one Microsoft tenant to another. Collaboration migrations migrate all Teams, Channels, files, and permissions.
- Click Next Step.
- Enter a Project name and select a Customer. If a Customer has not been created, click New and provide the requested information in the Customer creation flyout window.
- Click Next Step.
- Select a Source Endpoint from the Endpoint drop-down menu. If an Endpoint has not been created, click New and provide the requested information in the Endpoint creation flyout window.
- When creating an Endpoint, if you are migrating from a Hosted Exchange provider, click I know my service provider. Select your service provider from the drop-down list. If it is not listed, select Exchange 2003+ as your Source and enter your OWA URL.
- Select a Destination Endpoint from the Endpoint drop-down menu. If an Endpoint has not been created, click New and provide the requested information in the Endpoint creation flyout window.
- Click Save and Go to Summary.
- Note:If setting up a Tenant to Tenant Coexistence mailbox project, check the box for Enable Tenant to Tenant Coexistence. Otherwise, leave that box unchecked.
- Add the accounts (also referred to as items) that will be migrated to the project. For specific instructions, see How do I add items to my migration project?
- Purchase User Migration Bundle licenses. User Migration Bundle licenses allow multiple types of migrations to be performed with a single license. Refer to these articles for more information:
- Set the Project Advanced Options.
- Run Verify Credentials. For instructions, see How do I verify credentials?
- Notify users that a migration is occurring. Send email to all users telling them the time and date of the migration.
- Pre-Stage pass. This pass is optional and most commonly used when the migration is being done over a longer time frame and/or when the mailboxes are large. Pre-stage migrations allow older items to be migrated first thereby reducing the time needed for a full migration. For instructions, see How do I start a migration?
- MX Record Cutover. Change over MX records on the DNS provider's portal. Also, include the AutoDiscover (CName) setting.
- Full (Delta) pass. This pass is used to move the full contents of a mailbox to the Destination. When used in conjunction with a Pre-Stage migration, only previously unmigrated items are migrated. For instructions on starting a migration, see How do I start a migration? For information on how MigrationWiz prevents duplication of previously migrated items, see How does MigrationWiz prevent duplicates?
- Look through the user list and click any red "failed migration" errors. Review the information and act accordingly.
- Run Retry Errors to re-migrate any failed mail items. For specific steps, see How do I retry failed items?
Note: Retry Error passes can only be run after a successful migration pass has been completed. If the accounts are failing, please refer to step 10 above.
- If problems persist, contact Support. For more information, see How do I get support for your products?
- If users will be using Microsoft Outlook with G Suite, they will need to follow the instructions here, to download and install G Suite Sync for Outlook and create a new Outlook profile that connects to G Suite.
- Click the bar chart icon in the MigrationWiz dashboard to receive an email containing all the project migration statistics. For more information, see How do I request statistics for my migration project?