Grant MigrationWiz OAuth 2.0 Access
Grant MigrationWiz OAuth 2.0 access to G Suite. If you are migrating to multiple domains, repeat these steps for each domain.
BitTitan products use OAuth 2.0 to authenticate to G Suite and utilize the G Suite (IMAP) endpoint in MigrationWiz. This is applicable to both mailbox and document migration projects. In order to obtain access to your G Suite data, it is necessary to add specifically allowed API scopes to the MigrationWiz project. Enabling access is required for both G Suite mailbox and Google Drive document migration projects.
Mailbox migration projects require that a G Suite administrator grant access to the BitTitan client ID and scopes listed in this article.
The following section will explain how to configurate the OAuth access within your G Suite environment.
Steps in the G Suite Admin Console
Complete these steps to grant BitTitan client ID access to the appropriate scopes:
- Go to https://admin.google.com and authenticate as a Super Administrator.
- Click Security.
Note: If you do not see the security icon on your admin console home page, you do not have the necessary rights on your account to make these changes. Request Super Administrator access from the customer to implement these changes.
- Click Advanced settings.
Note: Google limits accessing and changing this setting to only G Suite Super Administrator accounts.
- Click Manage API client access.
- Enter 113321175602709078332 into the Client Name field.
- Enter one of the following groups of scopes into the One or More API Scopes field, depending on whether G Suite is the Source or Destination.
- G Suite as the Source (read-only scopes):
https://mail.google.com/, https://www.google.com/m8/feeds, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/contacts.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.group.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive, https://sites.google.com/feeds/, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/gmail.settings.sharing, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/gmail.settings.basic
- G Suite as the Destination (full scopes):
https://mail.google.com/, https://www.google.com/m8/feeds, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/contacts.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.group, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive, https://sites.google.com/feeds/, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/gmail.settings.sharing, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/gmail.settings.basic
Note: The client name is 113321175602709078332 (make sure there are no leading or trailing spaces, as this may cause the error "URL ends with an invalid top-level domain name."). This will grant BitTitan products access to the appropriate scopes.
Enable APIs and Whitelist MigrationWiz as a Trusted App
- Go back to Security.
- Click API Permissions.
- Verify that all options listed are marked Enable. If there are any not enabled, click Enable for those items and click Save.
- Click Trusted Apps.
- Click the + () button to Whitelist an app.
- Select Web Application from the drop-down menu.
- Enter 113321175602709078332 for the OAuth2 Client ID.
- Click Add.