Note: If using Microsoft-provided Azure storage, you can skip this section.
- Estimate Azure storage costs. This step is optional but is useful in order to provide the customer with upfront storage costs ahead of time. Microsoft Azure Pricing Calculator
- Buy an Azure subscription (or use the free one-month trial, and be aware that this option is only viable if you are performing a very small migration).
- Visit Azure Portal to create your storage account. You will need to set up a STORAGE (General Purpose v1 or v2) account rather than a storage blob. Take note of the storage account name and the primary access key. (In Azure, from the storage screen, click Manage Access Keys at the bottom of the screen.) These need to be entered into the MigrationWiz migration project when specifying the Destination settings. We recommend that you create your Azure storage account in the same Microsoft data center as the Destination Office 365 tenant. There is no need to create any Azure containers for this migration.
- Access key information:
- -accesskey – This is the Storage account name for the Blob – example “accountname”
- -secretkey - This is the access key for the Storage account – example “W1RrDfkPNkfYfdVqizMNJjn5mXchwMP5uYBY8MsMqWTA7EubG911+4fZlki0Gag==”