Enable IMAP Access
Ensure IMAP access is enabled for all users. For details on how to check this, refer to the Google support article here.
Enable Folder Size Limits
- Ensure the folder size limits on IMAP folders have been removed for all users. For each user:
- Click the gear icon
- Click Settings
- Select Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab
- Select Folder Size Limits
- Select the radio button for Do not limit the number of messages in an IMAP folder (default).
Note: This is an end user setting, which can only be set on a per-user basis. Therefore, we recommend that you send instructions to your end users to check this setting. Expand the following section for sample communication and instructions:
Sample communication to end users.
Action Required - Due Date XX/XX/XX We are preparing to migrate your environment. To ensure a seamless migration, certain end user settings must be verified. Follow the directions below to remove the folder limits on your account migration. Failure to do so in a timely manner may result in lost items. G Suite has a setting that can limit the number of messages in an IMAP folder. If this is configured, this will restrict MigrationWiz so that it can only retrieve and migrate that number of messages from each folder.
- Log in to your Gmail account.
- Click on the gear icon in the upper right-hand side of the window, and choose Settings.
- Click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Under the IMAP Access heading, look for Folder Size Limits.
- Ensure that Do not limit the number of messages in an IMAP folder (default) is selected.
Note: To further clarify the implications of this setting: If the limit has been set (e.g., to 1,000 as per the default suggestion), then if folders contain more than 1000 items, they will be truncated at 1000 items. This means that MigrationWiz will only be able to migrate 1000 emails from each folder. Thank you for your assistance. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact [Help Desk].
Export mailboxes to CSV file(s)
From the Google Admin portal:
- Click Users
- Click ⁝ (3 vertical dots)
- Download Users
- Download All Users
- Click OK