The following sections will guide you through setting up and launching your migration. Each header is one step, with its component steps below. Follow these steps in order, and read the notes for important information about dependencies or best practices.
Run Verify Credentials
- Open the Project containing items you wish to validate.
- Select the items you wish to validate.
- Click on the Start button in your dashboard.
- Select Verify Credentials from the drop-down list.
- Once complete, the results of the verification will be shown in the Status section.
Send out the final notification that the migration is beginning. Include when the migration will start, expected duration, any usage instructions during migration, and any expected steps or notifications for the post-migration timeline.
If using DeploymentPro, refer to KB005799 for some sample text and screen shots that can be included in this email.
- Select the users
- Click the Start button from the top, and select Pre-Stage Migration
- Under the Migration Scheduling section, from the drop-down list, select 90 days ago
- Click Start Migration.
MX Record Cutover
Change over MX records on the DNS provider's portal. Also, include the AutoDiscover (CName) setting. There are several options for this, based on the size of your project.
Full (Delta) Pass
Select the users > Click the Start button from the top, select Full Migration > Click Start Migration. This migration will complete quickly since most data is migrated during the Pre-Stage migration.