BitTitan’s Google Vault Extractor allows for the use of your own OAuth Client API, rather than the BitTitan shared API. This option has many benefits and allows for greater control over throttling and security as well as monitoring metrics. It’s not a requirement of the migration, but BitTitan recommends this option. Below is the information on how to set this up in your Google Tenant and the information required by the Google Vault Extractor to use your client API.
- Go to Google developer console: https://console.developers.google.com.
- Sign in with an admin account.
3. Click Create Project.
4. Enter a Project Name.
5. Verify the Organization.
6. Verify the Location.
7. Click Create.
8. Click Credentials.
9. Click Create Credentials.
10. Click OAuth Client ID.
11. Click Configure Consent Screen.
12. Select Internal.
13. Click Create.
14. Enter the Application Name.
15. Scroll down and click Save.
16. Click Create Credentials.
17. Click OAuth Client ID.
18. Change the Application Type to Desktop app.
19. Give the app a Name.
20. Click Create.
21. Your Client ID and Client Secret are displayed. This information is required when running the Google Vault Extractor. Make sure to note them down and keep them safe. Click OK.
22. Click Library.
23. Search for Google Cloud Storage JSON API.
24. Click the Google Cloud Storage JSON API.
25. Click Enable.
26. Search for G Suite Vault API in the top Google API Search Bar.
27. Select G Suite Vault API.
28. Click Enable.
29. The completed project should look like this: