Hoping someone may have run into this problem before and can suggest a solution. We did a migration to O365 from an on-prem Exchange 2010 server two weeks ago. This was done via MigrationWiz though multiple phases over a weeks period (we're bandwidth limited), monitored and initiated by Rackspace.
Since the migration has completed, we've seen a few users reporting that problems with their Outlook client's search results. Based on our initial research, this appears it may be migration related (definitely was not occurring with the on-prem exchange server.)
When searching in Outlook 2016, these users are getting results from a hidden "files" folder that appears to be a special, hidden, Outlook system folder. These results screw up the results pane and can cause Outlook to be unstable and prone to crashing.
- Missing entries in the to/cc/from fields
- Message title of "<This item contains active content. Open the item to read its contents.>"
- All formatting in the email has been lost.
- Quick/Full Repair of Office installations.
- rebuilding search index
- stop&disable Windows Search Service.
- creating a new mailbox profile
- changing cached mode's time period
- rebooting the system
Please sign in to leave a comment.