How do I configure a different encoding to manage garbled messages?
There are two Advanced Support options you can look at:
Based on the information returned from IMAP server, MigrationWiz will automatically detect the code page and apply the correct encoding on the messages.
Note: The AutoDetectCodePage will not work all the time, for several reasons, one of them that language data was not being declared in IMAP response. In this case, it is better to use the support option: SpecificCodePage (explained below).
If you know the CodePage used by the server, you may specify it in the option. Example: SpecificCodePage=GB2312
Note: If the CodePage configured is not the correct CodePage, you will still expect to see garbled message in MigrationWiz messages.
To set an Advanced Option for a project:
- Sign in to your MigrationWiz account.
- Click the Go to My Projects button.
- Click on the name of your Project in the list.
- Click on the Edit Project button.
- Click on Advanced Options.
- Under Support, in the Support options text field, enter the Advanced Option you wish to set and click on the "+".
- Click Save Options.