Notice: This Knowledge Base article pertains specifically to the DeploymentPro for UserActivation product, and not to the DeploymentPro product that is part of MSPComplete.
How do I deploy the DeploymentPro for UserActivation Agent from a File Share?
- Launch UserActivation from your MSPComplete portal.
- Proceed through the steps, until you reach the DeploymentPro steps.
- Select File Share as the deployment method. Now follow these steps to download and extract the neccessary files onto a file server:
- Download bootstrap.exe to a File Share. See KB004764 to obtain a link to download this software. Note: When downloading the software, make a note of the download directory.
- From Windows File Explorer, switch to the directory where bootstrap.exe was downloaded.
Double-click on the downloaded bootstrap.exe file.
From the resulting pop-up window, click on Extract All.
Set the Destination directory, under the Files will be extracted to this folder field.
Click on the Extract button.
Now return to the DeploymentPro project, and locate the DeploymentPro project Activation Code. This can be found from the DeploymentPro status tab, as in the screen shot below:
- The users can now download the bootstrap.exe from the File Share to their local drive.
Once downloaded, open up a command console window, change to the directory where the bootstrap.exe file was downloaded, and run the following command: Bootstrap.exe xxxxxxxxxxxx ?
Replace xxxxxxxxxxxx with the Activation code from your DeploymentPro status tab.
The "?" is required at the end of this command.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.