Error: Unknown namespace
This error indicates that your IMAP server is not RFC-compliant.
For example, we find that some IMAP servers:
- Reject the creation (or retrieval) of folders with special characters (such as "*", "-", etc.) or leading/trailing spaces.
- Reject the creation of folders, unless located under the inbox folder (i.e., cannot create "/A" - must create as "/Inbox/A").
- Reject the creation of folders with certain reserved names (i.e., "junk mail", "sent mail", etc.).
We recommend the following:
- Identify the category of problem: special character, folder location, reserved name.
- Identify if the error is with the Source or Destination (check errors in MigrationWiz).
- Consider renaming folders at the Source to avoid special characters.
- Connect an email client (Outlook, Thunderbird) to understand limitations:
- Connect with Outlook or Thunderbird using IMAP.
- For example, if creating folder /A failed, try creating this folder at the root.
- Check to see if an error is displayed to you by the email client.
- Consider remapping folders:
- Edit your project and reveal Advanced Options. All Folder Mapping must added as written.
- In Support Only options, enter FolderMapping="^->INBOX/" FolderMapping="INBOX/INBOX->INBOX"
- This will ensure that /Inbox remains mapped to /Inbox, but that /A gets mapped to /Inbox/A