How do I install Microsoft's Directory Synchronization tool for Office 365?
- Manually, one at a time.
- By bulk import via CSV file.
- By PowerShell script.
- By BitTitan Sync tool - if you have a local Active Directory.
If you have never extended your local AD to support Exchange, then you can run Microsoft DirSync to synchronize your local AD up to Office 365.
To activate and download the directory synchronization tool, follow these instructions:
- Open your browser to the Microsoft Office 365 Administrative Portal.
- In the navigation pane, click on Users.
- Click on the Manage link at the top, next to Active Directory synchronization.
- Click on the Activate button.
- Click on the Download link to download the directory synchronization tool.
To install the directory synchronization tool between your Active Directory environment and Office 365, follow these instructions:
- Launch dirsync.exe.
- Click Next on the welcome screen.
- Select I accept and click Next on the licensing terms screen.
- Click Next on the installation folder screen.
- Click Next after the installation is complete.
- Click Finished to start the configuration wizard.
- Click Next on the configuration wizard welcome screen.
- Enter your Microsoft Office 365 admin credentials and click Next.
- Enter your Active Directory administrative credentials and click Next.
- Click Next (optionally select to enable rich coexistence).
- Click Next after the configuration is complete.
- Uncheck Synchronize directories now and click Next.