Prepare the Source Environment
- Grant MigrationWiz OAuth 2.0 access to G Suite. KB005019
If you are migrating from multiple domains, repeat these steps for each domain.
G Suite as Source (read-only scopes):
https://mail.google.com/, https://www.google.com/m8/feeds, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/contacts.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.group.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive, https://sites.google.com/feeds/
Note: OAuth administrative credentials will not function properly with G Suite for Business Legacy free accounts. If a G Suite tenant is a G Suite for Business Legacy free account, end user credentials must be used. Refer to KB005124 for more information on migrating with end user credentials.
Ensure IMAP access is enabled for all users. For details on how to check this, refer to the Google support article here.
Ensure the folder size limits on IMAP folders have been removed for all users. For each user, click on the gear icon > Settings > Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab > Folder Size Limits > Select the radio button for Do not limit the number of messages in an IMAP folder (default). Note: This is an end user setting, which can only be set on a per-user basis. Therefore, we recommend that you send instructions to your end users to check this setting. KB005104
Export mailboxes to CSV file(s). From Google Admin portal > Click Users > Click on ⁝ (3 vertical dots) > Download Users > Download All Users > Click OK > Save.
Prepare the Destination Environment
Prepare the tenant to send and receive large mail items. KB005139
Contact Microsoft to ask to have the tenant EWS throttling limits raised for 60 days. Note: This step is only required if your Source environment will support migration speeds that are faster than the Destination. KB005493
Create an administrator account in Office 365 to be used for migration, or use the global admin account for the tenant. KB004948
Set up accounts on Office 365 and assign licenses. These can be created in several ways:
- Create the customer. KB005421
- Create the Source and Destination endpoints. KB005427
Purchase licenses. From your MSPComplete dashboard, click on Purchase > Mailbox Migration > select MigrationWiz-Mailbox and enter the number of licenses you wish to purchase. Note: Check to see if there are any available bundles for discounts (e.g., MigrationWiz-Mailbox and DeploymentPro bundle or the MigrationWiz Mailbox and MigrationWiz Document bundle if also migrating Google Drive accounts). KB004647
Deploy DMA to users. Once DMA has been deployed to users, check the Users tab in MSPComplete. This will be populated with the user accounts that have DMA installed. DMA can be deployed by these options:
For the Source endpoint:
- Click on EndPoints > Add Endpoint > Enter endpoint name > For endpoint type, select G Suite/Gmail.
- It is necessary to add ALL domains that will be migrated from. This means that if there are users in one project with domain names Sourcedomain.com and Destination.com, it is important to ensure that both of these are added under Your Domains, when creating the endpoints. When you add a domain, you need to click on the "+" button.
- Enter Administrative email address. Note: This is the account that has admin access level to the google admin portal.
- For Destination endpoint:
- Click on EndPoints > Add Endpoint > Enter endpoint name > For endpoint type, select Office 365.
- Click on the Provide Credentials radio button, and enter the admin account credentials. Note: This should be a global admin account. If creating a separate admin account for the purpose of migration, refer to the Office 365 section in KB004725.
- Via Group Policy Object (GPO). Note: This is the recommended methodology, because no end user interaction is required. KB005412 video
- Via email. KB005411
HealthCheck for Office 365 Steps
- Go all All Products > HealthCheck for Office 365 and follow the prompts to launch.
- Select a customer from the list by clicking on the customer name. Note: The status column will show enabled when a customer account has had DMA deployed.
- Review results. Note: If any computers have a red X on their row, you should review the detailed results by clicking on the pie chart in the far right-hand part of the row.
- Include upgrading action items and costs in your Statement of Work.
- Perform remediation steps.
- Launch DeploymentPro.
Go to All Products > DeploymentPro and follow prompts to launch.
Select a customer from the list by clicking on the customer name. Note: The status column will show enabled when a customer account has had DMA deployed.
Configure customer DeploymentPro module:
- Enter the Domain.
- Select the Destination endpoint.
- Checkmark the Auto-populate box.
- In the Client Interface Configurations section, upload your company logo and add supporting text. Note: We strongly recommend doing this, because this is the logo and text that end users will see in a desktop pop-up when they are prompted to reconfigure their Outlook profiles. If you do not upload your own logo, the default BitTitan logo will be included instead.
- Save and continue.
Activate DeploymentPro module for users.
Either select all users (by putting a checkmark the box to the left of the Primary Email column heading), or select the individual users (by putting a checkmark in the boxes to the left of the user email addresses). Note: Subscriptions include DeploymentPro. However, if you are not using subscriptions, and you are using mailbox licenses, you must purchase additional DeploymentPro licenses in order to use DeploymentPro.
Click on the Run Module button.
Schedule the profile cutover date.
On the profile cutover date, users will be guided through the reconfiguration of their Outlook profile.
Watch this video to see a walk-through of the steps below.
Create the Mailbox Migration project. KB004380
Add the accounts (also referred to as "items") that will be migrated to the project. KB004842
Set the Project Advanced Options. KB004834
- Create the Mailbox Migration project > Select the customer > Select the Source endpoint > Select the Destination endpoint.
Run Verify Credentials. KB004511
Notify users that a migration is occurring. Send email to all users, telling them the time and date of the migration.
Pre-Stage pass: Select the users > Click on the Start button from the top, and select Pre-Stage Migration > Under the Migration Scheduling section, from the drop-down list, select 90 days ago > Click on Start Migration. KB004938
MX Record Cutover. Change over MX records on the DNS provider's portal. Also include the AutoDiscover (CName) setting.
Send email to end users to let them know what to expect for their Outlook profile reconfiguration. If using DeploymentPro, refer to KB005799 for some sample text and screen shots that can be included in this email.
Full (Delta) pass: Select the users > Click on the Start button from the top, select Full Migration > Click on Start Migration. KB004938
Run Retry Errors. KB004658
Look through the user list and click on any red "failed migration" errors. Review information and act accordingly.
If problems persist, contact Support. KB004529
If you are not using DeploymentPro, users must create new Outlook profiles.
Remove the All Mail filter from project Advanced Options, and run one final (Full) migration pass.
- The following options are the most valuable for this migration scenario:
Under Filtering, add: (^All Mail$|^All Mail/) KB005626
This will filter out the All Mail label from your migration passes, which will speed up your migration passes.
You will remove this folder filter before performing your final migration pass. These steps are included later in this section.
Set to use impersonation at Destination. Checkmark the Use impersonation at Destination box. KB004727
- Set the Maximum concurrent migrations value. Note: The default value is 100. For cloud to cloud migrations, this value can be set to a very high number, such as 500, because both the Source and Destination environments can handle a large number of concurrent migrations.
Under Support/Support options, add: StoreOverflowGooglePropertiesInNotes=1 KB005056
Under Support/Support options, add: StoreOverflowGooglePropertiesInNotesPrefix="enter your text here" KB005056
Under Support/Support options, add: SuppressReminderDays=N KB004203
Click on the pie chart icon in the MigrationWiz dashboard to receive an email containing all the project migration statistics. KB004626
- Under Project Advanced Options > Filtering section, delete: (^All Mail$|^All Mail/) KB005626
- Select the users > Click on theStart button from the top, select Full Migration > Click onStart Migration. KB004938