MigrationWiz now offers the option to migrate recoverable items in Office 365 and Exchange environments. This option is applicable to Office 365 to Office 365 migration scenarios and Exchange (2013+ or Hosted) to Office 365 migration scenarios.
This will migrate the following recoverable items:
The following folder types are supported:
- Recoverable items: Deletions
- Recoverable items: Purges
- Recoverable items: Versions
To migrate these items, follow the steps below.
- Create a new migration project.
- Set source and destination to "Recoverable Items."
- Add Support Option MigrateAllRecoverableItems=1. Without this option, only email items will be migrated.
- Add Support Option OverrideRecoverableItemsFolderMapping=1. This option will apply folder mappings from source to destination for Deletions, Purges, and Versions. Without this item, all source folders will be migrated to Recoverable items -> Deletions.
- Start migration by selecting only "Mail" items in the "Select what to migrate" section. This will migrate all items. However, the folder type for recoverable items is recognized as a Mail folder by MigrationWiz.