Prepare the Source Environment
- Test connectivity to the IMAP server, by going here. Fill in the form, and click on the button marked Test.
- Export user list to a CSV file.
- Administrator accounts with at least read rights can export a user list.
- If you do not have an administrator account, you need to ask your IMAP host to provide you with a complete user list, in CSV file format.
- This CSV file will be used to bulk add users into your MigraitonWiz mailbox project.
Prepare the Destination Environment
- Set up user accounts
- Ask the Hosted Exchange provider to create an account for migration that has full access permissions to all mailboxes.
- Create the customer. KB005421
- Create the Source and Destination endpoints. KB005427
Purchase licenses. From your MSPComplete dashboard, click on Purchase > Mailbox Migration > select MigrationWiz-Mailbox and enter the number of licenses you wish to purchase. Note: Check to see if there are any available bundles for discounts (e.g., MigrationWiz-Mailbox and DeploymentPro Bundle). KB004647
Deploy DMA to users. Once DMA has been deployed to users, check the Users tab in MSPComplete. This will be populated with the user accounts that have DMA installed. DMA can be deployed by either of these options:
For the Source endpoint:
Click on EndPoints > Add Endpoint > Enter endpoint name > For endpoint type select IMAP.
Server Name should follow format: imap.example.com
Enter the server port. As a general rule, the server port will be either 143 or 993 (if using SSL). Note: If using SSL, checkmark the Use SSL box.
- For the Destination endpoint:
- Click on EndPoints > Add Endpoint > + Find My Service Provider button > click on the down arrow in the Service Provider field, and select the Hosted Exchange Provider (taking care to select the correct version of Exchange that the customer is running). This will autopopulate the Outlook Web Access URL with their verified URL. (Or, instead of clicking on the + Find My Service Provider button, click on the Exchange Server 2003+ button and manually enter the Outlook Web Access URL.)
- Click on the Provide Credentials radio button, and enter the admin account credentials. These are the credentials that you obtained from your Hosted Exchange Provider when following the steps under the Prepare Destination Environment section.
- Via Group Policy Object (GPO). Note: This is the recommended methodology, because no end user interaction is required. KB005412 video
- Via email. KB005411
- Launch DeploymentPro.
Go to All Products > DeploymentPro and follow the prompts to launch.
Select a customer from the list by clicking on the customer name. Note: The status column will show enabled when a customer account has had DMA deployed.
Configure the customer DeploymentPro module:
- Enter the Domain.
- Select the Destination endpoint.
- Checkmark the Auto-populate box.
- In the Client Interface Configurations section, upload your company logo and add supporting text. Note: We strongly recommend doing this, because this is the logo and text that end users will see in a desktop pop-up when they are prompted to reconfigure their Outlook profiles. If you do not upload your own logo, the default BitTitan logo will be included instead.
- Save and continue.
Activate DeploymentPro module for users.
Schedule the profile cutover date.
On the profile cutover date, users will be guided through the reconfiguration of their Outlook profile.
Watch this video to see a walk-through of the steps below.
Create the Mailbox Migration project. KB004380
Add the accounts (also referred to as "items") that will be migrated to the project. KB004842
- Create the Mailbox Migration project > Select the customer > Select the Source endpoint > Select the Destination endpoint.
Set the Project Advanced Options. KB004834
Run Verify Credentials. KB004511
Notify users that a migration is occurring. Send email to all users telling them the time and date of the migration.
Pre-Stage pass: Select the users > Click on the Start button from the top, and select Pre-Stage Migration > Under the Migration Scheduling section, from the drop-down list, select 90 days ago > Click on Start Migration. KB004938
MX Record Cutover. Change over MX records on the DNS provider's portal. Also include the AutoDiscover (CName) setting.
Send email to end users to let them know what to expect for their Outlook profile reconfiguration. If using DeploymentPro, refer to KB005799 for some sample tex and screen shots that can be included in this email.
Full (Delta) pass: Select the users > Click on the Start button from the top, select Full Migration > Click on Start Migration. KB004938
Run Retry Errors. KB004658
- Use Bulk Add, with a CSV file that contains your user list.
- If you have an admin account on the Source IMAP system, the format will be as follows. Note: Most IMAP systems do not support administrative credentials. Refer to KB004344 for a list of supported IMAP systems.
- If you do not have an admin account, enter the Source Email addresses in the Source Email column, and checkmark the I don't know the login name and password for the Source mailboxes box. Note: Users will then be requested to provide their credentials during the migration process. Video
Look through the user list and click on any red "failed migration" errors. Review information and act accordingly.
If problems persist, contact Support. KB004529
If not using DeploymentPro, users must create new Outlook profiles, and set up their signatures again, and reattach any PST files that were attached to their previous profile.
Click on the pie chart icon in the MigrationWiz dashboard to receive an email containing all the project migration statistics. KB004626
- Note: If errors are listed in the MigrationWiz dashboard with the following error message: "Unexpected extra arguments to Examine Context: FolderNameWithQuote", then follow the steps below to add the support option flag AllowQuoteInFolder=1 at the item level, and run retry errors. KB005859
- Steps: Click the Edit Item icon to the right of the item that you wish to edit > Under the Support section, enter the support option: AllowQuoteInFolder=1 > Click Save Item > Select the line item in your MigrationWiz dashboard > Click Start > Retry Errors