BitTitan DeploymentPro is a module of Device Management and the Device Management Agent (DMA) that remotely configures Outlook email profiles after you perform a mailbox migration to Microsoft Office 365.
DeploymentPro configures Outlook email profiles to the new Destination server and moves users’ AutoComplete, email signatures, and PST files to the reconfigured email profile. However, DeploymentPro does not set the users’ default email signatures for new messages, replies, and forwards.
Sections in this article:
- Confirm that the user’s computers are successfully running DMA
- Configure the DeploymentPro project
- Schedule the Users
- Next steps
Complete these prerequisites before you get started with DeploymentPro:
- Create the customer in MSPComplete. Read the View, add, and edit your customers article for more information.
- Create the Destination endpoint in MSPComplete. Read the View, add, and edit customer endpoints article for more information. The Destination endpoint requires admin credentials to be entered so that you can select the endpoint from the endpoint drop-down menu.
- Review the system requirements for DMA and for DeploymentPro. Read the What are the system requirements for DeploymentPro? article and the Introduction to Device Management article for more information.
- Install DMA on the customer’s computers for the users who will need their Outlook email profiles reconfigured. For more information, read the DMA installation articles listed below:
- DeploymentPro will not work when two-factor or multi-factor authentication is in place. We recommend that you disable this during profile configuration.
- ADFS is supported using Basic Authentication and Legacy Authentication turned on. A claim rule is needed for Basic Authentication. All authentication requests are set to come from the client machines. For more information, see Understanding HTTP Authentication.
After DMA is installed on the user's computers, you must ensure that the users who will need their Outlook email profiles configured by DeploymentPro are listed in MSPComplete with a successful (Success or Timed Out) agent status.
Complete these steps to confirm the users running DMA:
- Select the appropriate workgroup, and then click All Customers in the left navigation pane.
- Click the name of the customer for which you want to view users.
- Click the Users tab.
- Scroll through the list of users to identify users who are listed with a successful, an unknown or failed agent status, or with a .local, .corp, .internal, or other private network address.
- Success means that the user is logged in and the DMA is communicating with our servers.
- Timed Out means that the user has been logged in and DMA was communicating with our servers, but the user has been logged off for more than 4 hours.
- Failed means that the DMA was not able to be installed. Usually, there is a security program or policy blocking the agent installation.
- Not Installed means the DMA installer has not been run or this is a duplicate user entry. Duplicates happen when the agent is installed but is not able to match the user profile with the email address in the Users List.
- Users with a status of Failed or Not Installed will not have their Outlook email profiles reconfigured by DeploymentPro.
- If these users need to have their Outlook email profiles reconfigured by DeploymentPro, then you need to install DMA to those users' computers. If you have already tried to install DMA to those users' computers, then try to reinstall it using an alternate method. For example, if you previously tried to install DMA using a Group Policy Object (GPO), you might try re-installing it with an email instead, in case those users are not using domain-joined computers. You might also want to try performing a few troubleshooting steps as outlined in the Troubleshoot connectivity between DMA and MSPComplete article.
Note: When you go to the DeploymentPro page you will only see the users that have DMA installed successfully (Success or Timed Out status). These are the only users that will have their profiles configured.
After the users running DMA have been confirmed, it’s time to configure the DeploymentPro project under the Device Management section of MSPComplete.
Note: DeploymentPro is currently supported only for Office 365. If using DeploymentPro with Exchange (either On-Premises or Hosted) as a Destination, then a Proof of Concept should be run first. For more information, see What Destination systems are supported by DeploymentPro?
Complete these steps to configure the DeploymentPro project:
- Select the appropriate workgroup, and then click the products icon () in the top navigation bar.
- Click DeploymentPro in the list of products.
- Click the name of the customer for which you want to configure a DeploymentPro project.
- Click Save and Continue.
The DeploymentPro page is refreshed to list the email addresses for the customer’s users who are successfully running DMA and who are ready to run the DeploymentPro module. If the DeploymentPro module has not yet been set up, the set up screen will load for configuration of the module.
Configure the DeploymentPro Email
The DeploymentPro page is refreshed to list the email addresses for the customer’s users who are successfully running DMA and who are ready to run the DeploymentPro module. If the DeploymentPro module has not yet been set up, the setup screen will load for configuration of the module.
Destination Domain Name: Enter the customer’s email domain.
Select Destination Endpoint: Select the Office 365 Destination endpoint. This endpoint must have Admin credentials entered.
Autodiscover URL: The Autodiscover URL auto-populates for Office 365, but must be manually filled in for other destinations. For more information see How do I find the main AutoDiscover URL and Certificate Principal Name for my Hosted Exchange provider?
Certificate Principal Name: The Certificate Principal Name auto-populates for Office 365, but must be manually filled in for other destinations. For more information see How do I find the main AutoDiscover URL and Certificate Principal Name for my Hosted Exchange provider?
Expired or Temporary Password Settings: Choose the password setting that applies to your customer’s environment:
- Choose Enable users with temporary or expired passwords to set their own passwordsif your customer uses Office 365 to manage user accounts and password policies. With this setting selected, the DeploymentPro wizard that runs on the customer’s computers will prompt users to enter a new password when their password is expired or set to temporary. DeploymentPro automatically updates Office 365 with the password that users enter.
Important: Users must know their current expired or temporary password.
- Choose Do not allow users to set their own passwords if your customer manages their user accounts and password policies using ADFS. With this option selected, all user password resets are managed by the company’s IT department.
Upload Logo: Click Upload Logo to upload your company’s logo for use in the DeploymentPro wizard that runs on users’ computers. For more information see What are acceptable specifications for the logo used by DeploymentPro?
Message: Enter a message to display a customized note in the DeploymentPro wizard that runs on users’ computers.
After the DeploymentPro project is configured, we recommend that you schedule the users as soon as possible even if the email cutover (MX record cutover) won't happen for some time. Read the Troubleshoot DeploymentPro article for more information.
Complete these steps to schedule the DeploymentPro module:
- Select the appropriate workgroup, and then click All Customers in the left navigation pane.
- Click the name of the customer that you wish to schedule.
- Click the Manage button in the top right corner of the page, and then select Device Management.
- Click DeploymentPro in the left navigation pane.
- Add a checkmark next to the email addresses for which you want to run the DeploymentPro module, and then click Schedule Cutover.
Note: We recommend running a proof of concept on a few test accounts. Read the Test DeploymentPro with a couple of users article for more information.
- In the Select a Date field, select a date and time for the DeploymentPro wizard to run on user computers. This date and time should happen soon after the email cutover (MX record cutover) date and time.
Note: If you haven’t identified the email cutover date, then select a date far in the future (i.e., a few months later than the expected cutover date). When you do this, you should also set a reminder for yourself to return to the DeploymentPro page and reschedule the date and time for the DeploymentPro wizard once you've identified the exact date and time for the email cutover.
- Click Schedule Cutover.
Note: To run the DeploymentPro module, you must either have DeploymentPro licenses available on your account or have applied User Migration Bundle licenses to each user. Refer to the View, purchase, and edit subscriptions article and the Apply User Migration Bundle licenses to the Customer's Users article for more information. Standalone DeploymentPro licenses, if any are available on your account, are consumed automatically when an unlicensed user is scheduled.
After DeploymentPro is scheduled, and before the scheduled start date/time, the email addresses should be in the "Scheduled" phase in the DeploymentPro page. When the scheduled start date/time is reached, the email addresses will be in the "Running" phase. If some of the email addresses listed don't progress to the "Running" phase, then you may need to perform some troubleshooting actions to get them to the appropriate phase. Read the Troubleshoot DeploymentPro article for more information.
Note: Scheduled time is based on the local time of the machine that is scheduling the request.
- Perform the mailbox migration. Follow the steps in the appropriate migration guide for your customer’s Source and Destination.
- Soon after the email cutover date and time, the DeploymentPro wizard will guide the customer’s users through the configuration of their Outlook email profiles. As users complete the DeploymentPro wizard, their email addresses will progress to the “Completed” phase on the DeploymentPro page. Read the End user experience when DeploymentPro reconfigures their Outlook profile for more information.