Export to PST Migration Guide
- This is the complete onboarding task flow for exporting either regular mailboxes or personal archive mailboxes to PST files.
- Complete each step in order. Links to corresponding Knowledge Base articles are provided.
- For this scenario, the Destination is a storage container on Azure. This will hold all of the PST files, after the mailboxes have been exported to PST.
- The export of the selected mailboxes will be saved, in the Azure container, as one or more PST files per user mailbox.
- A new PST will be created for every 10GB of data in a mailbox. This increases the export speed and leads to efficiency improvements.
- BitTitan Azure Storage is only available as a Source endpoint for PST migration.
Prepare the Source Environment
Note: If your Source server is running Exchange version 2003, or Small Business Server (SBS), refer to the Prepare the Source Environment section in KB004965.
Prepare the Destination Environment:
This video provides a walk-through of the MigrationWiz steps to follow when exporting mailboxes to PST files.
The following options are the most valuable for this migration scenario: