BitTitan products use OAuth 2.0 to authenticate to G Suite. This is used for both mailbox and document migration projects. In order to obtain access to your G Suite data, it is necessary to add certain allowed API scopes to the MigrationWiz project.
- These steps must be followed whenever there is a migration project either to or from G Suite.
- Enabling access is required for both G Suite mailbox and Google Drive document migration projects.
- Mailbox migration projects require that a G Suite administrator grants access to the BitTitan client ID and scopes listed in this article.
- Document migration projects require that a G Suite administrator grants access to the BitTitan client ID and scopes listed in this article, and to enable the API access. The steps to do this are included at the bottom of this article.
- Refer to the Video: Google Apps to Office 365 migrations article to watch videos that show you how to perform a G Suite to Office 365 migration. The first video (Part 1) includes the steps to enable OAuth 2.0. It is covered after the 10-minute mark.
Sections in this article:
- Steps in G Suite Admin Console
- Steps in MSPComplete
- Steps in MigrationWiz
- Enable API access in G Suite
- Additional steps to migrate Google Drive
Complete these steps to grant BitTitan's client ID access to the appropriate scopes:
- Go to https://admin.google.com and authenticate as a domain administrator.
- Click the Security.
Note: If you do not see the security icon on your home page of the admin console, you do not have the necessary rights on your account to make these changes. Request administrator access from the customer to implement these changes.
- Click Show more, and then click Advanced settings.
- Click Manage API client access.
- Enter 113321175602709078332 into the Client Name field.
- Enter one of the following scopes into the One or More API Scopes field, depending on whether G Suite is the Source or Destination.
- G Suite as the Source (read-only scopes):
https://mail.google.com/, https://www.google.com/m8/feeds, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/contacts.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.group.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive, https://sites.google.com/feeds/
- G Suite as the Destination (full scopes):
https://mail.google.com/, https://www.google.com/m8/feeds, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/contacts.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.group, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive, https://sites.google.com/feeds/
- G Suite as the Source (read-only scopes):
- Click Authorize.
- Note: The client name is 113321175602709078332. Make sure there are no leading or trailing spaces, as this may cause the error "URL ends with an invalid top-level domain name." This will grant BitTitan products access to the appropriate scopes.
- Go back to Security.
- Click API Reference.
- Make sure that Enable API Access is selected.
Once you have added the API scopes to your G Suites tenant, and enabled API access, you can proceed with the MSPComplete and MigrationWiz steps.
- If you haven't already done so, create a customer account (see View, Add, and Edit your Customers).
- Create endpoints (see View, Add, and Edit Customer Endpoints).
Note: When setting up an endpoint, and choosing G Suite as either the Source or Destination, add all domains that will be migrated from, or to, G Suite. This means that if there are users in one project with domain names Sourcedomain.com and Destinationdomain.com, ensure that both of these are added under Your Domains, when setting up the project in MigrationWiz.
- Launch the mailbox or the document migration project. Either click All Products/Mailbox Migration or click Document Migration.
Create the project.
Select Create a Mailbox Migration Project, or select Create a Document Migration Project.
Follow the steps in the migration guide that match your scenario. The migration guides can be found in the MigrationWiz section, and then selecting the section for the workload that matches your scenario, such as, Mailbox Migrations or Document Migrations.
If you are migrating to or from Google Drive, you must create a Google Drive endpoint to be used for the migration project. When creating the Google Drive endpoint, enter the domains used in G Suite, and enter the G Suite administrator email address.