BitTitan MigrationWiz allows you to migrate mailboxes, documents, public folders, and other workloads across a wide variety of migration endpoints. The endpoints can be stored and reused. Each migration scenario, as well as each migration workload, has specific prerequisites, as well as variations in what is (and what is not) migrated. Each of the supported migration scenarios has a corresponding migration guide.
From the Help Center, under Migration Help, select the type of migration and then your Source environment. You will then be taken to the article selection page. You can select the type of article, for example, Migration Guides, and then the specific guide that suits your migration.
- Not all migration scenarios have migration guides. If you do not see a migration guide for your specific migration, select one that has instructions for your source and also one that has instructions for your destination. Use those to set up the migration. The instructions for running the migration itself are very similar across all migration guides.
- MigrationWiz is a stand-alone product. However, it integrates tightly with the BitTitan MSPComplete platform. For this reason, some of the articles listed in the following sections pertain to MigrationWiz as a stand-alone application, while others deal with MigrationWiz as an extension of the MSPComplete platform.
- MigrationWiz now supports the capability to share migration projects across a Workgroup. Migration projects are no longer tied to individual accounts, they are tied to Workgroups. When Workgroup Administrators turn on the Project Sharing feature, all Agents besides those who are Inactive are able to view all migrations projects. For more information see Project Sharing in MigrationWiz.
In this Article
In this article we cover the following MigrationWiz topics:
MigrationWiz projects are the organizing units for migrations. A search of the Help Center on the term “MigrationWiz project” returns over 350 results so you can find help content for specific issues by searching the Help Center using keywords. Following are selected articles to help you get started with MigrationWiz projects.
- What is a project?
- How do I create a new migration project?
- How can I share my Account with others?
- How do I create an administrator account for login?
- Create an administrator account in Office 365 to use for migration
- How many projects should I create?
- Project Advanced Options
- What credentials are used for migration?
- View and access customer projects
- How do I edit the settings of a project that is already configured?
Licenses and Subscriptions
When using MigrationWiz as a stand-alone application, you will need to purchase migration licenses. When using the MSPComplete platform, you will use MSPComplete subscriptions. You can also purchase single-use licenses for premium services, such as HealthCheck for Azure.
- MSPComplete Subscription Overview (MSPComplete)
- Purchase Subscriptions or Licenses for a Workgroup (MSPComplete)
- View and Purchase Licenses (MSPComplete)
- How do I purchase licenses? (MigrationWiz)
- Which migration license should I choose? (MigrationWiz)
- How are licenses used? (MigrationWiz)
- How many mailboxes can I migrate with a single license? (MigrationWiz)
- How do I find my unused licenses in MigrationWiz? (MigrationWiz)
- How do I view the available licenses left in my account? (MigrationWiz)
- Will deleting a project return unused licenses to my account? (MigrationWiz)
Endpoints are sets of credentials that provide administrator access to both the Source and Destination systems. You identify and provision endpoints as part of your migration project so that MigrationWiz can connect at runtime to both ends of a migration project. You can save and reuse endpoints any number of times. Endpoints are discussed in more detail in their respective migration guides.
MigrationWiz supports endpoints to a great many systems, including Google G Mail, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, and Microsoft Azure. See the migration guides in each of the following migration sections to see the supported endpoints.
- Mailbox migrations
- Document migrations
- Public folder migrations
- Archive migrations
- View, add, and edit customer endpoints