How do I get MigrationWiz access to G Suite?
BitTitan products (MigrationWiz and UserActivation) use OAuth2 in order to authenticate to G Suite. This is used for both mailbox and document migration projects. In order to provide us with access to your G Suite data, it is necessary to add certain allowed scopes to the MigrationWiz project.
- These steps must be followed whenever there is a migration project either from or to G Suite.
- This is required for both G Suite mailbox and Google Drive document migration projects.
- Mailbox migration projects require the BitTitan client ID to be granted access to the scopes below.
- Document migration projects require the BitTitan client ID to be granted access to the scopes below. Also, it is necessary to enable the API access. The steps for this are included at the bottom of this article.
This page contains two videos that show you how to perform migrations from G Suite to Office 365. The first video (part 1) includes the steps to enable OAuth 2.0. It is covered after the 10-minute mark. Internet Explorer is the preferred browser when viewing these videos, because it supports fast-forwarding and accessing video sections via the table of contents.
Step-by-step directions to grant BitTitan client ID access to the appropriate scopes:
- Go to https://admin.google.com and authenticate as a domain administrator.
- From the home page, click the icon labeled Security.
Note: If you do not see the Security icon on your home page of the admin console, you do not have the necessary rights on your account to make these changes. You will need to request a full administrator to implement these changes.
- Click Show more and go to Advanced settings.
- Click Manage API client access.
- Enter 118005701438129985126 into the Client Name text field:
- Enter one of the following scopes, depending on whether the migration is from G Suite or to G Suite, in the One or More API Scopes text field, and click the Authorize button:
- G Suite as the Source (read-only scopes):
https://mail.google.com/, https://www.google.com/m8/feeds, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/contacts.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.group.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive, https://sites.google.com/feeds/
- G Suite as the Destination (full scopes):
https://mail.google.com/, https://www.google.com/m8/feeds, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/contacts.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.group, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/drive, https://sites.google.com/feeds/
Note: The client ID will always be 118005701438129985126. Make sure that there are not any leading or trailing spaces, as this may cause the error "URL ends with an invalid top-level domain name." This will grant BitTitan tools access to the appropriate scopes.
Once you have added the API scopes to your G Suites tenant, you can proceed with the MSPComplete and MigrationWiz steps.
- If you haven't already done so, create a customer account (see View, Add, and Edit your Customers).
- Create endpoints (see View, Add, and Edit Customer Endpoints).
Note: When setting up an endpoint, and choosing G Suite as either the Source or Destination, add all domains that will be migrated from, or to, G Suite. This means that if there are users in one project with domain names Sourcedomain.com and Destinationdomain.com, ensure that both of these are added under Your Domains, when setting up the project in MigrationWiz.
- Launch the Mailbox or the Document Migration project. Either click All Products/Mailbox Migration or click Document Migration.
Create the Project.
Select Create a Mailbox Migration Project, or select Create a Document Migration Project.
Follow the steps in the migration guide that match your scenario. The migration guides can be found within the MigrationWiz section, and then selecting the section for the workload that matches your scenario, such as, Mailbox Migrations or Document Migrations.
For Google Drive migrations only:
- Go back to Security.
- Click API Reference.
- Make sure that Enable API Access is checkmarked.
MigrationWiz Steps (Google Drive only):
- When migrating to or from Google Drive, an additional step is required to point MigrationWiz to your domains.
- You must use administrator credentials for Google Drive migrations. In addition to entering the domains, you will need to enter the name of the administrator account.
- Once you enter the domains and the administrator account, click the green Save button in the lower-right corner.
- A migration can now be performed.