Public Folder MigrationWiz projects support an Advanced Option flag to allow Security Groups permissions to be migrated.
Note: The caveat to enabling this flag to allow Security Groups permissions to be migrated is that any folder that contains a Distribution List will not have any permissions migrated. Therefore, when using this flag, you should either remove Distribution Lists from the Source or filter out the Distribution Lists from the Destination so that they cannot be resolved. The Security Group must not be hidden from the address book.
To set this Advanced Option for a project:
- Sign in to your MigrationWiz account.
- Click on Go to My Projects.
- Click on the name of your Project in the list.
- Click on the Edit Project button.
- Click on Advanced Options.
- Under Support, in the Support options text field, enter
AllowAllMailboxTypesForPFPermissions=1and click on the "+".
- Click on Save Options.
- Submit your Public Folders for migration.
Note: This support option will not work if
SkipImportFolderWhenPublicFolderExists=1 is set under Advanced Options