Public Folder MigrationWiz projects support an Advanced Option flag to allow Security Groups permissions to be migrated. The Security Groups must already be created in the destination. When we migrate permissions for a Public Folder, we attempt to match on three criteria:
- Alias portion (to the left of @)of the source SMTP email address to an Alias on the destination
- direct match of the entire source email address to a Security Group email address on the destination
Note: The caveat to enabling this flag to allow Security Groups permissions to be migrated is that any folder that contains a Distribution List will not have any permissions migrated. Therefore, when using this flag, you should either remove Distribution Lists from the Source or filter out the Distribution Lists from the Destination so that they cannot be resolved. The Security Group must mail enabled not be hidden from the address book.
To set this Advanced Option for a project:
- Sign in to your MigrationWiz account.
- Click on Go to My Projects.
- Click on the name of your Project in the list.
- Click on the Edit Project button.
- Click on Advanced Options.
- Under Support, in the Support options text field, enter
AllowAllMailboxTypesForPFPermissions=1and click on the "+".
- Click on Save Options.
- Submit your Public Folders for migration.
Note: This support option will not work if
SkipImportFolderWhenPublicFolderExists=1 is set under Advanced Options