BitTitan and MigrationWiz support three primary migration strategies. Deciding which of the three to use depends on factors related to your migration workload, as well as the size of your migration and other factors.
Migration planning is a very broad subject that includes variations depending on the migration workload, as well as your migration endpoints. For planning information that is not in your scenario's migration guide, search the Help Center using keywords.
There are three primary migration strategies: Big-bang, Pre-stage, and Quick-switch. Each is appropriate for specific migration scenarios depending on the workload, size of the migration, and time span over which the migration can (or should) take place.
- What are the common migration strategies?
- Should I follow a Pre-Stage or Big Bang strategy when migrating Public Folders?
- Video: Planning your Migration Strategy
Migration planning is a very broad subject and we’ve tried to provide some of the key migration planning articles in the list below. However, we have nearly 400 Knowledge Base articles tagged as planning-related, so the list only scratches the surface. You are encouraged to search the Help Center using specific keywords to better surface articles to support your projects.
- How do I consolidate multiple on-premises email organizations to a single on-premises Destination?
- What is the size limit for PST file migrations?
- How many items should I migrate simultaneously?
- What is the Global Address List (GAL), and how does MigrationWiz interact with it?
- How do I allow security groups to be migrated during a Public Folder migration project?
- Can I migrate Public Folders to Shared Mailboxes?
- How do I create the public folder mailbox and database on Office365?
- How do I perform an intra-organization Public Folder migration?
- How do I migrate more than 50GB of public folder data to Office 365?
- How do I use AutoDiscover to import my Public Folders into my project?
- Should I split up my Public Folders before migrating?
- Best practices when creating a container in Azure?
- How do I prepare Exchange Server as the destination?
- Why is it not advisable to manually import PST files?
- Why do PST file migrations sometimes report total data migrated as less than the size of the PST file?
- Google Sites Migration FAQ
- How are format conversions handled from Google Drive to Microsoft OneDrive?
- How do I reduce the bandwidth consumed by UploaderWiz?
- How do I disable the throttling policy on Exchange?
- What type of throttling will G Suite apply to my account?
- How long does a migration take?
- How does folder size impact migration speeds?
Note: MigrationWiz now supports the capability to share migration projects across a Workgroup. Migration projects are no longer tied to individual accounts, they are tied to Workgroups. When Workgroup Administrators turn on the Project Sharing feature, all Agents besides those who are Inactive are able to view all migrations projects. For more information, see Project Sharing in MigrationWiz.