The invalid value 'XYZ' was specified for the 'EmailAddress' element: This error indicates that an item failed to migrate because one of its property is invalid. Often, the error will include characters that are clearly corrupt. Sometimes, the error may include a string that looks valid, but in fact contains invalid hidden or white space characters. As a result, the Destination system is rejecting the item. We often find that affected items were created by defective third-party applications (like business card scanning software which creates contacts with a corrupt email address).
Articles in this section
- A shard mailbox (ghost) was detected for "User Email". No synced mailbox available in the mail store for this user. This may cause undesired migration results.
- Why is my Mailbox migration showing Completed but I cannot find the mailbox in Office 365?
- Your import contains at least one error, beginning on row x. error when attempting to Bulk Add from a .csv
- Error: PST size exceeds max limit of <GB size> gigabytes
- Error: Invalid sequence value
- Error: Your mailbox has been temporarily moved on Microsoft Exchange server
- Error: ErrorNoPublicFolderReplicaAvailable
- Error: ErrorInvalidSerializedAccessToken
- Error: Cannot connect to Calendar API: Unauthorized Client. Client is unauthorized to retrieve access tokens using this method.
- Error: failed to create items in folder. InnerErrorResponseCode ErrorMessagePerFolderCountReceiveQuotaExceeded