Exchange Web Service, as exposed in the ServiceError enumeration.
In the course of a Public Folder migration, MigrationWiz was not able to locate a Public Folder mailbox on the destination.
Cause of Error
If the error is for the Source server, the most often seen reasons for this error are as follows:
- The source administrator account being used at the source does not have mailbox enabled
- The source administrator account does have a mailbox enabled, but it is not in a location on the source server that can see the public folder database or mailbox. Try moving the administrator account mailbox to the same database as the public folder database or mailbox.
If the error is for the Destination server, the most often seen reasons for this error are as follows:
- The primary hierarchy public folder mailbox has not been created, or it has been created incorrectly using the steps outlined in your migration guide. Note: If your environment is set up for hybrid public folders, you should be using the migration guide here: Public Folder Migration Guide From On-Premises Exchange 2007+ to Office 365 (Hybrid Mode)
- The administrator account being used for the migration does not have a mailbox provisioned (This is required)
- The administrator account mailbox being used for the migration is does not have the DefaultPublicFolderMailbox set to the primary hierarchy public folder mailbox.
- Ensure a mailbox is created for the source administrator account and that the public folders to be migrated can be access through the OWA mailbox for the account.
Review your configuration of the migration Destination. If all the above causes have been checked off as the cause, try the following:
- In the Exchange Admin Center, navigate to the public folders section.
- Click on Public Folders and then ... . Add the destination administrator account being used in the project as Owner. If there is a box for applying the permissions to sub-folders, make sure it is checked before saving.
- Create a test public folder on the same page where you just added the Owner permissions. Ensure that the test folder has inherited the Owner permission for your administrator account you just granted permissions to.
- If logged in as the administrator account being used for the migration, then log out.
- After 30 - 60 minutes have passed, log into the OWA mailbox for the administrator account being used for the project and attempt to successfully add the test folder created in step 3 as a Favorite.
- If step 5 is successful, try resubmitting a Verify Credentials in your project.