This guide shows you how to install and configure the Device Management Agent (DMA) on a terminal server. After you complete the steps in this guide, the Agent will run at startup for all users of the terminal server and you can use it for additional services like DeploymentPro and HealthCheck for Office 365.
Contents of this guide:
- Install DMA on the terminal server
- Add a DMA shortcut to the all users startup folder
- Give all users access to the DMA install folder
- Next steps
Complete these steps before you get started:
- Create the customer in MSPComplete. Read the Add customers topic for more information.
- Add the source and destination endpoints. Read the Add endpoints topic for more information.
- Download the customer's DMA setup file. Do NOT change the name of the setup file. Read the Add users by deploying DMA topic for more information.
Install DMA on the terminal server
The first step is to copy the DMA setup file to the terminal server and then install it using the Install Application on Remote Desktop Server utility located in the Control Panel. Read the Learn How To Install Applications on an RD Session Host Server TechNet article for more information.
Add a DMA shortcut to the all users startup folder
Add a DMA shortcut to the all users startup folder for the terminal server, to ensure that the Agent runs at startup for all users.
Complete these steps:
- Open a File Explorer window and go to where the agent is installed on the terminal server, which should be C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTitan\DeviceManagementAgent
- In a separate File Explorer window, go to the all users startup folder, which should be C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp
- Find the BitTitanDMAExecutor.exe file in the Agent install folder. Right-click on the .exe file, and then select Send To > Desktop (create shortcut). Copy that shortcut from the Desktop into C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup folder\
Give all users access to the DMA installation folder
Give all users of the terminal server access to the DMA installation folder to ensure they are not blocked from running the Agent at startup.
Complete these steps:
- Open a File Explorer window and go to C:\Program Files (x86)
- Right-click the BitTitan folder, and then select Properties.
- Click the Security tab, and then click Edit.
- Click Add.
- Type Domain Users in the Object Name field, and click Check Names. The entry should resolve to Domain users (underlined).
- Click OK.
- Select Domain Users (Domain\Domain Users) in the Group list, and then add a checkmark under Allow and next to Full Control. This allows all users of the system to have full control of the BitTitan folder and its contents.
- Click OK to finish.
Important: You may need to allow UNC path access in your user lockdown Group Policy Object (GPO). You can allow UNC path access to users by disabling the “Remove Run menu from Start Menu” GPO. Read the Remove Run menu from Start Menu article from Microsoft for more information.
- DMA will run at startup when users sign in to the terminal server.
- The computer will be listed on the Device Management page in MSPComplete.
- A HealthCheck for Office 365 assessment will be available for the terminal server.
- DeploymentPro can be executed for each user of the terminal server. Read the DeploymentPro Guide to get started.