Can you provide a list of IP addresses you will connect from IP Lockdown?
MigrationWiz uses a global geo-distributed migration farm which includes thousands of IP addresses. In some cases, however, network administrators may want to restrict access to a pre-determined set of IP addresses for security reasons. As a result, we offer the ability to lock down a MigrationWiz connector to use only a specific set of IPs.
If an IP Lockdown is required, we offer the option to bind a connector to one of our U.S. data centers, or a regional Azure Data Center. It is important to understand the impact on the migration:
- The data will flow through either our U.S. Data Centers or an Azure Data Center in the region that you select.
- There may be some competition for computing resources. When not using IP Lockdown, BitTitan offers unlimited computing power and bandwidth.
Note: IP Lockdown does not work with BitTitan Autodiscover for Users. To add Users to the project, use either Bulk Add via CSV file or add the Users manually.
There are two steps that need to be followed. These are detailed below:
Set Advanced Options for the project in MigrationWiz
Complete these steps to set the preferred data center and add the support option for IP Lockdown:
- Sign in to MigrationWiz at http://migrationwiz.bittitan.com/
- Access the project dashboard.
- Click Edit, and then click Advanced Options.
- In the Performance section, select the customer's local region under the Preferred BitTitan Data Center drop-down menu.
- In the Support section, add this support option in the Support Options field:
- Click Save.
Open firewall ports
- Open firewall ports to allow access to communicate back to BitTitan servers. All migrations need to have these ranges open. The following need to be opened for any region to talk back to our servers:
22.214.171.124Find the data center that is closest to the customer, and open the firewall ports to allow access to the list of IP addresses in that data center (not all data centers have multiple IP addresses).
Data Center Location IP Address(es) Asia Pacific 126.96.36.199 Australia 188.8.131.52 Canada 184.108.40.206 France 220.127.116.11 Germany 18.104.22.168 Japan 22.214.171.124 North America 126.96.36.199
Northern Europe 188.8.131.52 South Africa 184.108.40.206 South America 220.127.116.11 Western Europe 18.104.22.168