Complete each of the steps outlined below if a computer that has the Device Management Agent (DMA) installed fails to show up on the MSPComplete Device Management Overview page:
Step 1: Confirm the DMA deployment method.
If DMA was deployed through email asking users to manually install the Agent, it's possible that some users didn't follow through with the installation. Try sending a second email asking users to manually install DMA. Refer to the How do I deploy the Device Management Agent through email? article for information about how to deploy the Agent through email.
If DMA was deployed through an Active Directory Group Policy Object (GPO), confirm that the GPO was configured correctly. Refer to the How do I deploy DMA with a GPO? article for information about how to deploy the Agent with a GPO, or watch the Install the DMA with a GPOvideo.
Continue to the next step if you can confirm that users tried installing the Agent manually or if you can confirm the Active Directory GPO was configured correctly.
Step 2: Test the connection between the computer and the BitTitan server.
Use these steps to test the connection between the computer that has DMA installed, and BitTitan's servers. With these steps you will confirm if the connection is being blocked by a firewall.
- Open an internet browser and navigate to the following URL:
Step 3: Confirm that DMA is installed and running on the computer.
Use the steps below to determine if DMA is installed on the computer that is not transmitting information to MSPComplete. With these steps, you will confirm if the DMA installation directory exists, and if the DMA service and processes are running.
- Confirm that this DMA installation directory exists: C:\Program Files (x86)\BitTitan
- If the directory exists, open Task Manager.
- Click on the Services tab, and look for the BitTitanDMA service in the services list.
- Click on the Processes tab, and look for the Device Management Agent processes.
- If you are not able to confirm the DMA installation directory or the process, try reinstalling DMA on the computer using the deployment methods listed in Step 1, above.